Registration Policies and Participation
- Registration typically opens the first Tuesday of each quarter, at 9am.
- Online registration is recommended to increase your chances of joining the activities you want.
- Walk-in registration at the Recreation office is available beginning at the same time and date as online registration.
- Surfing classes and clinics are open only to UCSC students.
Online Registration - ActiveNet Login
- UCSC Students: All UCSC students automatically have an account. Your login is by default your UCSC email address. However, your password is NOT automatically your UCSC Gold password.
- OPERS Membership Card holders: Membership card holders also have an account. Your login is your UCSC email address or the address that was entered when your account was created.
- Non-UCSC Students or UCSC Staff and Faculty: Create an ActiveNet account before your first time enrolling:
- Click "Create an Account" on the ActiveNet page (top right).
- Enter contact info to set up your new account. Please include your phone number and an emergency contact.
- An ActiveNet email will be sent to you for you to verify your new account. Click on the link to verify your account. You'll be redirected to a login page. If you do not receive this email, please call us (831-459-2806), and we can activate your account.
- Log in to ActiveNet.
- Select an activity by clicking "Add to Cart."
- You are now able to complete the enrollment and payment process.
- If you have a Coupon Code, you may enter it on the "Fees" page.
Payment in full is due at the time of registration. Online registration requires a credit card. Cash, check or cards are accepted with walk-in registrations.
Refund, Cancellation and Transfer Policy
- You may withdraw from an activity by contacting the Recreation office by phone or in-person. (831) 459-2806.
- 7 days or more prior to the activity start date, full refund minus a $10 cancellation fee, only if someone from the waitlist is able to take your spot.
- Less than 7 days prior to the activity start date all registration fees are nonrefundable.
- Online registration transaction fees are nonrefundable.
- For any class that has multiple sessions. spaces are non-transferable after it has begun.
- Please note that our Wilderness Medicine courses and Wilderness Orientation trips have more strict refund, cancellation and transfer policies.
If an activity is full, joining the waitlist is encouraged as spots typically open up. If a spot opens up, the Recreation office will call or email you.
OPERS/Recreation does not provide insurance for Recreation participants. We strongly encourage all participants, including non-students, to have appropriate health care coverage.
Assumption of Risk
Recreation is committed to doing everything possible to manage risk and maintain safety. Of course no guarantees of safety can be provided. All participants are required to sign an assumption of risk, releasing Recreation and the University from liability.
If a participant requires an evacuation for any reason, they are fully responsible for the costs.